Try each of these moves until your legs are ready to scream “UNCLE” as you see demonstrated by us at the end of the video.
How to Study God’s Word:
1) What does the text actually say?
2) Ask yourself “Who? What? Where? When? Why?” What is the context? Who was it written to? Who wrote it? Why was it written? When was it written?
3) Walk it out in your own life. (1 Timothy 4:16)
Francis Chan’s 7 Things to Ask Before You Teach:
1) Am I more concerned with what people think that what God thinks?
2) Do I genuinely love these people?
3) Am I accurately representing this passage?
4) Have I applied this message to my own life?
5) Am I depending on the Holy Spirit’s power or my own cleverness?
6) Will this message draw attention to me or to God?
7) Do they really need this message?