I don’t know about you, but there are few things I have trouble resisting more than a chocolate chip cookie. Now… don’t get me wrong. I am a balance + moderation girl. I definitely don’t think there’s anything wrong with eating a cookie or two. I’m not THAT hardcore.
But what if there was a cookie I told you that you could eat daily that has exponentially more nutritional value than a normal cookie? Not to mention, that same cookie is toddler, kid + husband approved!
Would you simply say, “Stop talking, Michelle, and hand over the recipe?” My thoughts exactly. Here you go! Enjoy!
You will need:
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup Earth Balance coconut + peanut spread (or nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 cup raw unfiltered honey
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Shakeology for an extra superfoods boost!)
- 2 TBSP chia seeds
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Add quick oats, flaxseed meal, protein powder & chia seeds to a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, add nut butter and honey. Stir until well-mixed.
- Add nut butter + honey mixture to the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Use a spatula to blend the ingredients together until a cookie dough texture is formed.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips until distributed evenly in the dough.
- Roll into balls. (Bonus tip: Wet your hands with water before rolling to avoid the mixture sticking to your hands.)
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container to avoid them drying out…if you anticipate them staying in your house long enough for that to be an issue. ;)
- For best results, pop 1-2 in the microwave for 8-10 seconds & serve with a glass of almond milk. You won’t believe it’s not a “real” dessert. And because of all the nutrient-dense superfoods, this is actually a cookie that will make you feel full!
Need more info on Shakeology? Contact me here – I would love to tell you about it!
Want some accountability in your health + fitness? Click here.
Are you a fitness professional passionate about helping others? See if Team Iron is the right fit for you.