Meet Michelle and James Myers
Click here to contact Michelle!
- Christ Follower
- Pastor’s Wife
- Noah’s Mom
- Business Owner
- Fitness Instructor
- Nutrition Coach
Yes, it may seem like I have a little bit of the Ryan Seacrest syndrome, but my life flows together in one fluid motion because everything I do revolves around my top priorities: my faith in Jesus Christ, my incredible family, and my commitment to a balanced lifestyle of fitness and proper nutrition.
I struggled with anorexia and obsessive over-excercise for four years, but was brought out of my addiction and restored to health through a real relationship with God and an understanding of His plan for my life. Because of how poorly I treated my body in the past, I am amazed every day that my job is now helping others get healthy the right way — through a balanced lifestyle of proper nutrition and exercise. You can read about my journey in my book, The Look that Kills: An Anorexic’s Addiction to Control.
A few other things about me that you should know:
Oh, a few other things about me that you should know:
- I sing in my car. LOUDLY.
- Keifer Sutherland does not exist. Jack Bauer gets played by no man. If you disagree, plan to debate with me.
- I’d love to host ESPN’s College Gameday alongside Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso.
- Any store that would designate High Heel Parking would get all my business.
- If I had to defend myself... I'd stand a much better chance at victory if the right song was playing.
If you’re into the academic thing: In 2005, I received my Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies with a minor in Psychology from The University of Tennessee in Knoxville, TN. In 2010, I earned my Masters of Arts in Christian Education (Women’s Ministry Concentration) from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Fort Worth, TX.
I’m a shepherd. No, not that kind of shepherd. I lead, love and protect those God has entrusted under my care. It starts with my family - my wife Michelle and my son Noah. I am also a pastor, so I am responsible for the care of those God has entrusted me with. We currently serve at Biltmore Baptist Church in Asheville, NC where I am the East Campus Pastor.
I love leadership and I love people, so shepherding (or pastoring) is a great fit for me. I don’t consider myself scholarly at all, but I am filled with a thirst for knowledge, which results in me always having a current book to read.
I love sports, which kicks into hyper-gear when football season comes around… followed by a short season of mourning when it comes to an end.
I am a small town fella at heart. Love the outdoors. Love projects.
I never want to stop growing. Never want to stop taking on new challenges and risks. I’d love to be able to help you grow and develop into all God created you to be as I commit to do the same.
A few other things you should know:
- I cheered in college. Say what you want. I was in the best shape of my life.
- Food is my love language. I consider it a talent that I can cook dinner for a former anorexic and still satisfy my cravings.
- I should have lived during medieval times.
- Crowds are not my favorite. As a result, I watch most games from the comfort of my own home.
- I survived PRS, the yet-to-be-discovered disease “Post Rollercoaster Syndrome.” You may know it as motion sickness.
- I am Batman.